Each week at Syringa Middle School every staff member gets a new “kindness challenge” hand out. Everyone is asked to participate by either completing one of the listed suggestions or by doing something on their own.
Some of these suggestions include:
- Leave a note with a compliment or kind words for a colleague or student.
- Chose a secret pal (student, colleague, friend or family) for a day and make their day brighter!
- Tell a student how much you believe in them and that they can make a good difference every day.
- Bring a treat for a staff member
- Compliment the first three people you see in one day.
- Tell one of your co-workers something that you appreciate about them.
- Tell a few of your students something unique about them that you appreciate.
- Be kind and patient in traffic.
- Surprise someone with a thank you card or a treat.
- Leave a positive note for someone who you think could use it.